Truckee police reports
– At 6 a.m. on Estates Drive graffiti was found spray-painted on a wall in an apartment complex.
– At 5:50 p.m. on Brockway Road there was a vehicle vs. golf cart collision in Truckee River Regional Park causing injury to the golf cart driver. The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 12:20 p.m. on Highway 267 at Interstate 80 there was a single-vehicle minor-injury accident.
– At 2 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Coldstream Road a victim reported that she has left her vehicle parked on the side of Donner Pass Road over night and returned to find that her handgun had been stolen from the vehicle.
– At 5 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there were reports of a disturbance at the bus depot. An adult male was kicked off the bus for reportedly being intoxicated and demanded a refund. Upon contact, officers arrested the man on suspicion of being drunk in public to the point that he could not care for his own welfare.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road unknown suspects entered Tahoe Truckee High School and reportedly stole a gallon of white paint, which they took onto the roof and poured into the parking lot.
– At 6:50 p.m. on Highway 89 south at Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for code violations and the driver was cited on suspicion of driving without a license.
– At 9:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a local business contacted police after a patron threw a plate at the bartender and fled the scene. All parties were contacted and no further action was desired by either party.
– At 10:30 a.m. on Snowpeak Way two juveniles were hitting golf balls in their front yard. One of the balls hit a house and car causing damage.
– At 10 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard an unknown person painted on a sign by the side of the road as well as a roll-up door at a warehouse. The estimated damage was approximately $500.
– At 10:20 p.m. on Brockway Road officers responded to a woman trying to enter an occupied motorhome in Truckee River Regional Park. She was found to be on a mind-altering drug and was reportedly unable to care for herself. She was arrested on suspicion of consuming a controlled substance and booked into jail where a drug expert determined that the drug was a stimulant.
– At 1 a.m. on Highway 89 south a subject was arrested at a mobile home park on suspicion of being drunk in public.
– At 1 a.m. on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect spray-painted “Will Kill for Oil” on the front of Truckee Fire Station 92.
– At 1:50 p.m. on Coldstream Road at Donner Pass Road there was a two-vehicle, non-injury traffic collision.
– At 5:05 p.m. on Jibboom Street officers responded to reports of a man passed out near a Dumpster. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and marijuana possession.
– At 7 p.m. at Donner Lake a juvenile was injured in a boating accident.
– At 12:30 a.m. on High Street a vehicle was stopped for swerving and the driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 7:40 p.m. on Highway 267 at the eastbound on-ramp of Interstate 80 a vehicle was stopped for a code violation and the driver was cited and released on suspicion of driving without a license.
– At 11:15 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for a broken taillight. The juvenile driver was cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana and was released to his mother.
– At 5 p.m. on Highway 89 south at Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for not having a front license plate and the driver was cited and released on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and for not having insurance.
– At 12:35 p.m. on Glenshire Drive two juveniles started a small brush fire while launching toy rockets.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User