Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from July 9 to July 19.
– At 7:10 p.m. at Donner Lake public pier there was a report of a physical altercation. When officers arrived the alleged victim had an intoxicated male physically detained. The suspect was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and was transported to Nevada County Sheriff’s Office without further incident.
– At 2 p.m. on Christie Lane in Tahoe Donner there was a report by a real estate agent that the house she has on the market had been broken into by an unknown suspect. It is unknown if the alleged suspect stole any items from the home. The investigating officer made contact with the homeowner who is out of the area. The case is pending with a follow-up with the homeowner.
– At 9:20 p.m. at a business on Deerfield Drive a subject was in a business and reportedly could barely stand up and appeared intoxicated. The subject was located outside the business attempting to get into a vehicle. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 7:40 p.m. on Commercial Row a subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication on the sidewalk in front of a downtown bar.
– At 10 p.m. on Deerfield Drive at Highway 89 south a driver was stopped for an expired registration sticker. The driver was determined by police to be unlicensed and without insurance. The driver was cited and his vehicle was towed.
– At 10:30 p.m. on Copenhagen Drive in Tahoe Donner police responded to a report of a suspect inside a neighbor’s vacant residence. Officers searched the interior and exterior of the residence and did not locate a suspect. The reporting party was advised of the situation and told officers the residence is vacant and there is nothing to steal.
– At 3 a.m. on Brockway Road across from the Best Western Hotel a subject was found to be blocking traffic and attempting to wave down passing vehicles. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
– At 8 a.m. on Martis Valley Road there was a traffic stop. The driver was arrested on suspicion of a felony warrant.
– At 8 a.m. on Jeffrey Pine Road an unknown subject removed screws from a padlock to gain entrance into a resident’s garage. The suspect removed a golf bag containing golf clubs and a utility box with miscellaneous hand tools. The total loss was $230.
– At 2:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road two juveniles entered a place of business and allegedly took property without permission or consent. The juveniles were detained by store employees until an officer arrived. They were arrested on suspicion of theft and released to a parent.
– At 12:30 a.m. a group of unidentified suspects reportedly trespassed onto private property on Martis Valley Road. According to reports, they climbed fences and entered the someone’s swimming pool without the resident’s consent.
– At 1:30 a.m. on Glenshire Drive there was a report that several of the reporting party’s vehicles were paintballed sometime overnight. A report was filed.
– At 3:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a report of an extremely intoxicated male sitting on a bench. Officers contacted the person and they said determined the subject was unable to care for himself or for the safety of others. Officers also said they found marijuana on him. He was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and booked without further incident.
– At 6 p.m. at Palisades Drive behind the 7-Eleven shopping center officers responded to a call regarding a subject who was passed out. The subject was contacted and arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
– At 9 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 2:20 p.m. on Highway 89 south a subject was contacted regarding an unrelated incident when a records check revealed he had several misdemeanor warrants. He was arrested and booked without further incident.
– At 3:30 p.m. at Pine Cone Road a suspect entered a residence and allegedly took the someone’s property without permission or consent.
– At 9:45 p.m. at Highway 89 north at Donner Pass Road during a traffic enforcement stop, police reported a driver had a misdemeanor warrant out of Sonoma County. The warrant was confirmed and the driver was cited and released with the court information listed on the citation.
– At 12:40 a.m. officers responded to a report of a vehicle accident off Glenshire Drive at Olympic Heights. Officers were able to contact the occupant of the vehicle who was found to be injured and trapped. Truckee Fire Protection District had to extricate the driver and she was taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital for medical care. The driver was found by police to be under the influence of alcohol but was not arrested because of the extent of her injuries. A complaint will be filed with the district attorney for prosecution.
– At midnight at Baden Circle in Tahoe Donner police responded to a fireworks call. On arrival, officers found a party where alcohol was reportedly being consumed by minors, with eight subjects contacted between the ages of 16-20. Seven subjects were cited on suspicion of minor in possession of alcohol. The homeowners were contacted at a hotel in San Francisco and advised of the party their 20-year-old son was having, according to police.
– At 12:45 a.m. on Baden Circle in Tahoe Donner shortly after officers investigated the juvenile party, vehicles were seen leaving the party. Officers contacted the drivers and were found to be under the age of 21. They admitted to drinking at the party, police said, and the three drivers were found to have blood alcohol levels above .01. The juveniles’ parents responded to the scene to take custody of their children and vehicles.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User