Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Aug. 16 to Aug. 23.
– At 1 a.m. on Washoe Road a victim reported that someone had let the air out of his vehicle’s tires. No damage to the vehicle was sustained and a report was taken.
– At 11:10 a.m. on Hansel Avenue at Pathway Drive two vehicles were involved in a minor traffic accident.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Highway 267 at Brockway Road there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 11:45 a.m. on Donner Pass Road near Gateway there was a two-vehicle non-injury collision.
– At 8:25 p.m. on Commercial Row a vehicle was stopped for driving without taillights. The driver had a Mexican driver’s license and said he had been living in Truckee for three months. A DMV check revealed that the driver did not have a California license. The driver was cited and released and the car was released to a licensed driver.
– At 8:50 p.m. on Brockway Road there was a vehicle vs. pedestrian collision in the parking lot of the Truckee River Regional Park. The victim was found to be in critical condition by law enforcement and was transported by Truckee Fire Protection District and pronounced dead at Tahoe Forest Hospital.
– At 5 a.m. on Meadow Way a subject called to report that he had been in a verbal argument with his girlfriend. Upon contacting both parties it was determined that a physical altercation had taken place and that the male had been the primary aggressor. The male was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
– At 11:25 p.m. near Coachland a vehicle was observed entering a closed access road. Officers attempted to make contact with the driver and passenger but the passenger ran away. The subject returned shortly after and was detained by officers who found marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the subject’s wallet. The passenger was arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
– At 1:10 a.m. on Commercial Row California Highway Patrol officers assisted in stopping a pedestrian who was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
– At noon on Donner Pass Road at Spring Street there was a non-injury vehicle accident.
– At 8:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for expired registration. The driver was found to be unlicensed and was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 9 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 2:15 a.m. on Highway 89 north a vehicle was observed running a stop sign. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 9:40 p.m. on Pioneer Trail someone reported three people sleeping in a motor home that was parked in a storage facility. Upon contact, the subjects ran into the woods. They were later detained. One juvenile female was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, and a second juvenile was arrested for an outstanding warrant. The owner of the RV did not wish to pursue prosecution.
– At 12:45 a.m. on Highway 89 north at Rainbow Drive there was a single-vehicle accident with injury to the passenger. The driver was arrested on suspicion of felony drunken driving.
– At 1:50 a.m. on Estates Drive a vehicle was stopped after it drove onto the shoulder of the road and then crossed into oncoming traffic. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 3:15 p.m. on Martis Valley Road a subject was reportedly screaming and discharging a gun out of a window. Investigation revealed that the juvenile subject was playing with an air-soft gun while other juveniles were lighting fireworks nearby. The juvenile was cited and released to his mother.
– At 8:45 p.m. on Rhineland Avenue officers took a recovery report for a vehicle stolen from Nevada. The officer lifted fingerprints from the vehicle and booked them as evidence, and the vehicle was towed.
– At 10 p.m. on Swiss Lane at Cristallina Way a vehicle was stopped and the driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and possession of a concealed loaded weapon.
– At 4:20 on Deerfield Drive there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 2:15 a.m. in the Donner Tract Area there were reports of trespassers on a private dock. The subjects were found to be minors in possession of alcohol. The alcohol was disposed of and the minors were returned to their parents.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User