Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from May 31 to June 7.
– At 10:15 p.m. on West River Street at Donner Creek Mobile Home Park a driver was stopped for driving off the road. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and the vehicle was towed.
– At 5:20 p.m. on Highway 89 north at Alder Drive a vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation. The driver had an outstanding warrant from Placer County and was cited.
– At 9:55 on West River Street at Brockway Road a subject was observed staggering in the roadway. The person was contacted and arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
– At 9:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Donner Lake Drive the driver of a stopped vehicle was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
– At 3:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a person reported that someone had called his or her friend and made threats against her life.
– At 10:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Donner Trail a vehicle was stopped for reportedly having tinted windows and no mirrors. The driver was found by police to be unlicensed and was arrested. The passenger had an outstanding warrant from Placer County and was also arrested. The vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– At 2:15 p.m. on Highway 89 south at Interstate 80 two vehicles were driving in the roundabouts. One of the vehicles, a delivery truck, hit the other vehicle with its rear tire and did not stop. A report was filed.
– At 7:20 p.m. on Tamarack Road officers responded to the west end of Donner Lake for a report of a physical altercation. The reporting party said that a knife and a shotgun were displayed during the altercation. Officers detained three individuals and a fourth was taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital for a dislocated arm. No parties involved wanted charges filed and none were willing to sign a citizens arrest form.
– At 4:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for having a broken windshield. The driver was determined by police to be unlicensed and the vehicle was towed.
– At 9:15 p.m. on South Shore Drive a suspect phoned a victim several times after she quit working with him because he had made sexual comments to her. The victim said she owed the suspect money but that she would mail it to him. The suspect was phoned and told not to call the victim again.
– At 9:50 p.m. on West River Street at McIver Crossing a driver was stopped for and arrested on suspicion of driving drunk. The driver was also cited on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and the vehicle was towed.
– At 11:50 p.m. on Skislope Way an officer was investigating a hang-up phone call in which a woman was screaming. One of the involved parties had an outstanding warrant, was arrested, and then released with a citation
– At 2:30 a.m. on Red Bud Court officers responded to a report of a physical fight in the street. An officer arrived to find an intoxicated subject in the roadway who was subsequently arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and of being drunk in public.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Levon Avenue a hit-and-run accident was reported in the courthouse parking lot. The suspected vehicle backed into a second, pushing it into a third.
– At 12:55 p.m. on Dorchester Way a reported runaway juvenile from Reno was found in the Glenshire Store. The juvenile was detained and eventually released to a parent.
– At 5 p.m. on Brockway Road unknown suspects shot two BBs into a window at a business that is under construction.
– At 6:50 p.m. on Highway 89 north at Donner Pass road a vehicle was stopped on suspicion of speeding. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and the vehicle was towed.
– At 2:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at the westbound Interstate 80 on-ramp an individual was lying in the southbound lane and was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and disorderly conduct.