Series of earthquakes strike near Truckee
June 27, 2017
A series of earthquakes rumbled through the Truckee area on Tuesday, June 27, the United States Geological Survey said in a report.
The largest temblor recorded was a magnitude 3.9, which struck at 2:09 a.m., about 20 kilometers northwest of Truckee. A magnitude 3.7 quake, which was recorded seconds earlier, was also centered 20 kilometers northwest of Truckee.
The earthquakes were among dozens recorded near Truckee on Tuesday.
Trending In: Main Headline
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats