Lake Tahoe real estate: New realty office opens in Tahoe City
June 27, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Morgahn Grey took a roundabout way into the real estate profession. But after years of exploring the world and the urban life, she has gone back into her family's roots and recently opened the doors of Grey Blue Realty in Tahoe City.
A native of Southern Oregon, Grey has lived in the Tahoe area for nearly a decade. While she launched her career in real estate five years ago, Grey grew up immersed in the profession, with her family owning a prosperous brokerage and her father a longtime successful broker.
"It seemed like a natural fit for me," she said.
Grey previously worked with the Hurst Tahoe Associates, where her affinity for providing "boutique services" flourished.
"Real estate is such a personal thing. People that buy in Tahoe are buying their dream," she said. "They dream about this for a long time and they're going to make a lot of memories here. And when people sell, it's a family selling a legacy. It's not just a transaction."
Grey strives to make the process as seamless and painless as possible, both emotionally and logistically. In addition to being cognizant of the emotions of selling a home, she's also incredibly detail-oriented and meticulous.
Recommended Stories For You
"I actually love paperwork, which is a huge benefit to the client," she said. "It's a complicated process and I read everything in every transaction."
Grey is also able to provide her clients with valuable information and tools to navigate through renovations and new construction. Working both personally and professionally with architect Todd Mather and structural engineer Doug Gadow allows Grey to give buyers and sellers quick and direct insight into a property or home's potential.
Grey Blue Realty will eventually expand to include three to four more agents, who will work with Grey as a team, to provide all clients with the best possible service and experience in the Truckee-Tahoe area.
"I don't want to be just about numbers," she said about her small team strategy. "I want to continue to offer a personal approach while fulfilling my dream of starting my own company. Tahoe is my home and I want my clients to become a part of this community. That is why I went out on my own. I also just completed my Nevada Broker certification so I can offer my clients complete service all around the lake."
This article was provided on behalf of Grey Blue Realty, located at 243 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City. Visit greybluerealty.com to learn more.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Lake Tahoe Home: Things to know when buying property at Tahoe
- 945-acre Northstar-area land portfolio sold to Nor Cal developer Mountainside Builders
- Big benefits to owning property in Nevada
- Incline Village real estate: You can’t always rent what you own
- Study: Incline Village fourth best place to retire in Nevada
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)