Tahoe home design tips: That bathroom upgrade is easier than you think
May 25, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Is your bathroom boring or minuscule? Don't despair — colors and patterns can give a lift and fool the eye into seeing a larger space. Remember, it's not the amount of space, but what you do with it that counts.
The first step in decorating your bathroom is selecting the theme or mood you want to portray. Once you've decided, then the creativity begins.
If you want to "open up" your bathroom, select a color scheme that is light — pale colors tend to recede and will visually expand the room. To achieve a sense of the dramatic, you may want to select rich, vibrant colors instead. Deeper colors appear to advance and the room will appear cozier.
Window treatments for bathrooms generally are required to supply function and beauty — privacy is a must! Pleated shades, shutters, vertical cellular shades, silhouettes would all fit the privacy ticket. All are resistant to moisture and can supply complete privacy.
So, what are you waiting for? If your bathroom is ho hum, wake it up with color and fabric. And who knows — maybe it will help you wake up in the morning too!
Kristen Fencl is an award winning professional interior decorator and owner of the Decorating Den Interiors located in Incline Village. Visit http://www.decdens.com/kristenf or call her at 775-250-1426.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Lake Tahoe Home: Things to know when buying property at Tahoe
- 945-acre Northstar-area land portfolio sold to Nor Cal developer Mountainside Builders
- Incline Village real estate: You can’t always rent what you own
- Average price of homes sold in Tahoe highest in a decade
- Big benefits to owning property in Nevada
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener