TripAdvisor: Incline Village one of America’s best values for rental homes
July 13, 2015
INCLINE VILAGE, Nev. — The North Lake Tahoe community of Incline Village may be known by some as "Income Village," but that 1 percent-fueled moniker might not reveal the full truth when it comes to summer tourism.
World-renowned travel website TripAdvisor recently listed the small town on the Nevada side of the North Shore as one of "29 amazing hotspots that offer the most bang for your buck when staying in a rental home."
According to the June 19 article, "Summer savings: 29 super affordable vacation rental destinations you need to visit," TripAdvisor analyzed more than 150 vacation destinations across America, "comparing the price of two-bedroom vacation homes during the upcoming summer months."
While Florida and the sunny Southern coast are well-represented, as are communities in the Northeast and scenic West, Incline Village earned a nod as the only Nevada community in the list.
"Along Lake Tahoe sits Incline Village, a mountainside retreat with unbeatable lake views, outdoor recreation, activities and stunning beaches," the article reports. "Yes, Nevada offers more than the casinos and buffets on the Las Vegas strip. For a more scenic vacation, check out the rental homes in the hills. A two-bedroom this summer costs just $1,362/week on average."
Mammoth Lakes, Calif., also made the list from a semi-regional standpoint.
Trending In: Real Estate
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter