Trail running series continues at Village Green
Big Blue Trail Run results
1. Holden Reed, Truckee, 42:31
2. Jim Kaspari, Norden, 44:34
3. Doug Meier, Truckee, 46:20
4. Marc Neulight, Incline Village, 47:26
5. Kelly Romero, Seal Beach, 53:12
6. Steven Deloye, El Segundo, 53:20
7. David Foster, Truckee, 54:48
*8. Victoria Crowley, Grand Junction (Colo.), 56:51
9. Kris Burst, Reno, 58:22
10. Joe Saccoman, Carson City, 59:19
13. Lara Grossman, Salinas, 1:03:44
15. Rachel Appelblatt, South Lake Tahoe, 1:05:09
16. Kelly Farnham, South Lake Tahoe, 1:05:18
1. Jeff Huxhold, Reno, 19:03
2. Taylor Samuels, Reno, 23:03
3. Lucas McCoy, Tenafly (N.J.), 23:54
4. Bodhi Kuzyk, Truckee, 24:14
5. Alan Holmes, Reno, 28:31
*6. Cate Joaquin, Rocklin, 30:09
7. Paul Torres, Yuba City, 30:26
8. Adelaide Baber, Truckee, 30:45
9. Pixie Barber, Truckee, 31:10
10. William Land, Reno, 31:56
12. Michele Shackleford, Sacramento, 37:25
13. Patricia Wackman, Sacramento, 37:26
*Indicates top woman.
Saturday marked a busy day of racing in Incline Village.
In addition to the XTERRA Lake Tahoe triathlon, more than 60 people competed in the Big Blue Trail Run at the Village Green. The event, which featured both a 5K and 10K run, was the seventh of 12 on the Tahoe Trail Running Series calendar.
Nineteen-year-old Holden Reed of Truckee claimed victory in the 10K, posting a time of 42:31. He was followed by Jim Kaspari, 54, of Norden, who finished in 44:34, and Doug Meier, 56, of Truckee, who rounded out the top three in 46:20. Marc Neulight of Incline Village was fourth (47:26).
Traveling from Grand Junction, Colo., Victoria Crowley, 32, was the top woman and eighth overall with a time of 6:51. Kris Burst of Reno finished one spot behind, in 58:22, and Lara Grossman of Salinas was third among women and 13th overall in 1:03:44.
In the 5K, nobody came close to 36-year-old Jeff Huxhold of Reno, who earned a lopsided win with a time of 19:03. Taylor Samuels, 50, of Reno was second in 23:03, and Lucas McCoy from Tenafly, N.J., was third in 23:54.
Twelve-year-old Cate Joaquin of Rocklin was the top female runner and sixth overall with a time of 30:09. Adelaide Baber (30:45) and Pixie Barber (31:10), both of Truckee, finished second and third, respectively, in the women’s field.
Support Local Journalism
Your support means a better informed community.