Truckee-Tahoe swimmers compete in league champs
Last weekend, 50 swimmers from the Truckee-Tahoe Swim Team competed in the Nevada-Cal League Swimming Championships in Reno. This was the final meet of the season for most of these swimmers.
Several TTST swimmers were awarded High Point trophies at the Championships in Reno.
Lauren Browning, 15, Daniel Gelso, 8, and Joaquin Goodpaster, 13, each won 1st place High Point. Wesley Ajari, 15, was 2nd place overall in his age group. Brett Cornell, 14, and Kara LaPoint, 13, each earned a 3rd place trophy.
Several swimmers swam new team records, Championship meet records, Sierra Nevada Reportable Times (SNRT), Q’s, AA’s, and A times.
– Wesley Ajari swam six new team records, two Championship meet records, one new Q and one new AA.
– Lauren Browning swam five new team records, four Championship meet records, one new SNRT and one new Q.
– Lindsay Collin swam two new AA times.
– Sean Collin, swam two new A times.
– Brett Cornell swam three new team records, a Championship meet record, one new Q and two new AA times.
– Daniel Gelso swam five new team records, two Championship meet records, and two new 10 and under A times.
– Matthew Gelso swam one Championship meet records, three new AA and one new A time.
– Joaquin Goodpaster swam three new team records, 12 Championship meet records, two new Q and one new AA.
– Kara LaPoint swam one new Championship meet record and one new AA.
– Mariel Lecuyer swam one new A.
– Maisha Goodpaster swam one new A. Rachel Holm swam one new A.
Brett Cornell will be joining Leslie Ajari at the Far Western Long Course Swimming Championships in San Jose this weekend. Lauren Browning will be joining Leslie Ajari and Jessica McGovern at the Western Zones Long Course Swimming Championships in Clovis, Calif., August 15-19.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Truckee girls’ cross-country team raced to a runner-up finish at today’s Class 3A Northern League championships.