Lake of the Sky Garden Club scholarship recipient, garden tour announced
July 1, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Lake of the Sky Garden Club is pleased to award a $2,000 scholarship to encourage and promote an individual's study in landscaping, horticulture, forestry or environmental science. This scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors, recent graduates, anyone currently enrolled or planning to attend college in one of the above areas of study and nursery employees desiring to further their horticulture education. Applicants must be permanent residents of North Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Incline Village or the West Shore.
This year's scholarship recipient is Madison Richey from Truckee High School. Richey will attend UC Davis in the fall and hopes to earn her degree in environmental engineering.
Funds for this scholarship are raised each summer through the efforts of all club members by hosting the Lake of the Sky Annual Garden Tour, which will be held on Saturday, July 26 on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
For information on Lake of the Sky Garden Club or the garden tour visit http://www.lake-of-the-sky.org.
Trending In: Local
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall