Truckee’s Kevin Murphy honored with state board member award
June 11, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The California Association of Recreation and Parks Districts recently honored Truckee's Kevin Murphy as Outstanding Board Member in the State of California for 2014.
Murphy has been a Truckee-Donner Recreation & Parks District board member since 2006 and in that time has been involved with major funding projects, developments and acquisitions, according to a TDRPD press release.
"During his time on the board, he has taken a leadership role to make substantial community impact by building consensus from the public, other board members, the general manager and staff to help grow and improve our community," Kyle Jost, TDRPD Marketing Manager, said in a statement. "He was a key player in the funding and acquisition of Ponderosa Golf Course, which is now considered a gem in the Truckee Community. He was also the project and finance leader for the planning, design, funding and construction of the … Truckee Community Center, which opened in 2009."
Other accomplishments include, according to TDRPD:
• Assisting in development/creation of the public art committee and Truckee Bike Park.
• Putting effort, passion, and time into building of the new Truckee Aquatics Center.
Recommended Stories For You
• Taking on a leadership role in working with officials in California and Nevada in impending completion of the Tahoe Pyramid Bikeway.
• Spearheading an effort to save the Hirschdale bridge for future generations of trail users.
"Kevin is involved in other community efforts, as he is a member of the Truckee Rotary Club and a volunteer coach for baseball, basketball and golf," Jost said. "He recently started the E.J. Tegner Junior Golf Foundation and has created a new league of Junior baseball players with Truckee Little League.
"He has gone far above and beyond what would be considered putting in normal time, effort and passion to help continue to make this great community keep its active and healthy lifestyle for many years to come."
Visit tdrpd.com to learn more about the district.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing