Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
June 11, 2018
A collision between a bicyclist and a Toyota on State Route 89 Sunday morning resulted in fatal injuries to the bicyclist, according to California Highway Patrol.
Both the vehicle and the man riding the bicycle, identified as 70-year-old Paul Ingels, were traveling southbound just south of Cabin Creek Drive when the car veered right striking Ingels. CHP officials said that "neither alcohol nor drugs appear to be a factor in this collision."
The driver of the vehicle, identified as 63-year-old Susan Draper, sustained no injuries.
Trending In: Local
- Eastbound I-80 to close east of Truckee on Tuesday
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89