Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
June 11, 2018
A collision between a bicyclist and a Toyota on State Route 89 Sunday morning resulted in fatal injuries to the bicyclist, according to California Highway Patrol.
Both the vehicle and the man riding the bicycle, identified as 70-year-old Paul Ingels, were traveling southbound just south of Cabin Creek Drive when the car veered right striking Ingels. CHP officials said that "neither alcohol nor drugs appear to be a factor in this collision."
The driver of the vehicle, identified as 63-year-old Susan Draper, sustained no injuries.
Trending In: Local
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Truckee Donner Public Utility District (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Developers plan workforce housing in downtown Truckee
- Police: Man confesses to killing girlfriend
- Tourism remains driving factor for Tahoe, Truckee economy