Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
June 11, 2018
A collision between a bicyclist and a Toyota on State Route 89 Sunday morning resulted in fatal injuries to the bicyclist, according to California Highway Patrol.
Both the vehicle and the man riding the bicycle, identified as 70-year-old Paul Ingels, were traveling southbound just south of Cabin Creek Drive when the car veered right striking Ingels. CHP officials said that "neither alcohol nor drugs appear to be a factor in this collision."
The driver of the vehicle, identified as 63-year-old Susan Draper, sustained no injuries.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film