Kings Beach, Tahoe Lake elementary schools earn state honors
May 3, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Kings Beach Elementary and Tahoe Lake Elementary were both recently named 2016 California Gold Ribbon Schools by State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson.
The Gold Ribbon Awards recognize California schools that have made gains in implementing the academic content and performance standards adopted by the State Board of Education and for "putting forth an exemplary effort to ensure that every student is ready for the 21st century college and careers."
Nearly 6,000 public and charter elementary schools in California were eligible, but only 779 were honored with this distinguished award.
"These are well-deserved awards for both schools and a direct reflection of the hard work and commitment of the leadership, teachers, staff, students, and parents at schools and in the district," said Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Superintendent Rob Leri.
Tahoe Lake was also named a California Distinguished School in 2014 and is one of only 117 elementary schools to receive both honors.
This article was provided by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Visit ttusd.org to learn more.
Trending In: Education
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Truckee hammers South Tahoe for Sierra Bowl victory