Tahoe chief’s corner: Local representation at Wildland Urban Interface Conference in Reno
February 25, 2016
An active stakeholder in the protection of our Wildland Urban Interface (WUI), the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will be taking part in the 3-day International Association of Fire Chief WUI Conference at the Peppermill Resort in Reno from March 8-10.
There will be representatives from state and local governments, community planners and the like attending the conference. Attendees will be taking advantage of the many education tracks, hands-on exercises, and an exhibitor expo showcasing the latest in wildland gear and equipment, as well as the networking opportunities with colleagues who work in all facets of the WUI.
NLTFPD staff will be speaking at several of the classes and fire district personnel will be in attendance at the conference.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit http://www.iafc.org/wui.
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Environment
- Tahoe Top 5: Animal species you might not know inhabit the Tahoe region
- Forging ahead: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows pushes forward with development, gondola projects
- Abandoned ski areas near Tahoe struggle to recover due to graded runs
- Duffield land donation at Lake Tahoe paves way for critical trail link
- Being bear aware at Lake Tahoe-Truckee — follow these tips